MYPLACE is an FP7 Collaborative Large-scale integrating project funded under the 2010 Social Sciences and Humanities call ‘Democracy and the shadows of totalitarianism and populism: the European experience’ (Grant Agreement number FP7-266831). It brings together a consortium of 16 research institutions from 14 European countries as well as 14 stakeholder public institutions (museums, NGOs, archive and document centres).
The coordinating institution is theUniversity of Warwick. The coordinator is Professor Hilary Pilkington (Department of Sociology).
Project partners are:
- Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
- Tallinn University, Estonia
- University of SS Cyril and Methodius, Trnava, Slovakia
- University of Bremen, Germany
- Jena University, Germany
- University of Eastern Finland, Finland
- University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- ISCTE, Lisbon University Institute, Portugal,
- ‘Region’, Ul’ianovsk State University, Russian Federation
- Daugavpils University, Latvia
- Caucasus Research Resource Centers, Georgia,
- Ivo Pilar Institute of Social Sciences, Zagreb, Croatia
- Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona, Spain
- University of Debrecen, Hungary
- Panteion University of Athens, Greece
The project runs from June 1st 2011-31 May 2015.
MYPLACE stands for Memory Youth Political Legacy And Civic Engagement. The project investigates how young people’s social participation is shaped by the shadows of totalitarianism and populism in Europe.